The Colorado Council Black Nurses Inc. is actively engaged in finding solutions to resolve the many issues currently challenging the profession of nursing and nursing education on local, national, and global levels. CCBN has improved health statuses across cultural and racial divides through their influence on health care delivery including through inspiring the formation of and/or supporting a multitude of community based health service organizations that serve the city, state and nation, and through collaborative practices that address global health status disparities in countries as far-reaching as areas within the continent of Africa. CCBN's contributions through its members to nursing education has been formally recognized, including the awarding of Professor Emeritus to two of our members. The benefits of being a CCBN member include but are not limited to:
- Leadership opportunities through department programs, initiatives, and collaborative associations.
- Skills development and increased medical knowledge base through education topics presented at monthly meetings and free quarterly professional development workshops. Click HERE to RSVP for any of our public meetings.
- Professional speaking experience through engagements at town halls and media outlets including television and radio.
- Profession advancement contribution through collaborations with schools of nursing, mentoring, scholarship, community outreach and transition-to-practice.
- Opportunities to shape the future of medicine through outreach and promotion of health sciences to elementary and secondary education students.
- A host of networking opportunities.
Why Do We Pay Membership Fees?
Nothing in life is free - not even to nonprofit organizations; therefore, payment of membership fees called dues are essential for CCBN to carryout its work and the expenses that go along with that. Dues makes it possible for CCBN to pay its bills, continue to offer the majority of its resources and services free of charge to the communities we serve, and contribute to the support of our nursing students by way of scholarships, grants and other assistance as needed.
Everyone (including students) makes an investment in CCBN, meaning we are 100% invested in time, talents, and finances. Likewise, when we ask non-members to invest in our efforts and support our mission, we know without a doubt that we're not asking others to do something we wouldn't be willing to do. Invest today.
- Regular or Nurse/Nurse Pathway $100/year (That's less than $10/month!)
- Student/First Year Grad $50/year
- Youth Pipeline $5/year
- Associate $100/year
- A provisional membership status with limited rights and benefits may be granted for students in the prerequisite stage of nursing school and/or or for new applicants applying between the months of August-November of the current year for an additional, prorated fee. Membership fees for the upcoming calendar year must be paid to be privy to this membership status. Students excepted.
- Membership year is January through December